Sunday, December 7, 2014

Review of the "Run" Deck

It's not very often that I'm excited by a "designer" deck of playing cards.
You know, those special edition cards that are often based on a theme, and cost - depending on where you purchase them - between three to eight times what you normally pay for a deck of cards. Well the "Run" deck of cards has changed my mind.


I'm not sure what the theme is, but the "Run" deck evokes to me a kind of Art Deco feel. With its gold foil and stylish images, the deck is gorgeous. Also, as you would expect, the cards handle and fan well.
Gaffed Monte
The deck also comes with a couple of gaffed cards that allow you perform a Mike Skinner-style three card monte routine. You can learn the routine through an accompanying online video. 

The packaging is also worth mentioning. The cards come in a sturdy, horizontal format box that is attractive, fresh, different. 

In every way, this deck is for show. I really like the look of these cards. 

Follow the latest magic news, products and happenings and ask me questions on Facebook ("friend me at "Wayne Kawamoto"), Twitter and GooglePlus. Also, please subscribe to my weekly magic email newsletter here.

Dealers, contact Murphy's Magic Supplies

More Reading:
Review of Angry God of Wealth Deck by Nanswer
Review: Black Tiger Deck, Gaff Deck & Black Book - Magic ...

No comments:

Post a Comment